Miami is well known as the party destination for Americans. This city is always bursting with people who come here from all over the world because of its party vibe, wonderful weather, clubs, restaurants, museums and more. Miami Celebrates it’s through art, entertainment, and food and is a melting pot of cultures which will be visible the moment someone lands in the Miami airport. This city is a heaven for individuals with all budgets. It has accommodations, restaurants, and facilities for backpackers as well as family vacationers. So, Miami can easily become a family vacation destination for your family this year.
Best Time to Visit Miami
Best time to visit Miami is between March and May. This is the time when the temperature in the city is comfortable and makes for perfect beach weather. This time also helps avoid winters, which is extremely crowded here and is also mighty expensive. Miami enjoys rain on and off so, a visit in summer and fall calls for packing an umbrella and being prepared for the changing moods of the city. So, the peak tourist season is from November to March but moneywise the best time to visit is from March to May. June can be good too if you don’t mind rains.
Travel Tips for Miami
- People of Miami speak, English, French and Spanish and a mixed language which is jokingly known as Spanglish. Knowing anyone of this language will be very helpful.
- The nightlife in Miami starts very late, like after 12 in the night.
- Sunscreens are a must in Miami so, carry truckloads of it on your trip to Miami.
- There is a lot to Miami than just beaches. Do not forget to visit Little Havana, Coral Gables, Brickell etc.
- Miami is a city of art and you will see it everywhere including the number of famous museums.
- Main roads in Miami are extremely busy during weekdays, so, it’s best to stay away from main roads.
- Ocean Drive is lovely but it is one of the costliest places to eat and drink.
- Tipping in Miami is not necessary because most establishments add the tip to the bill, without asking.
- Coffee in Miami is sold in small packs but it is stronger than anywhere in the world.
- Biking is one of the easy ways to get around the town, but the city is not bike friendly out of the bike lanes.
- Parking is expensive in high traffic areas and parking lots of tow away vehicles if the owners do not return on time.
- Styrofoam is banned in Miami, so it is best avoided in packing.
- Boozing in public places is not allowed in the city.
First Class flights to Miami
First class flight tickets to Miami can be booked at great prices all around the year but if you book in advance for a family trip, you can always grab some really great discounts. Almost all the top airlines in the country fly to Miami and they offer all seats including first class and business. A first class ticket to Miami can cost you between $1000 to $4000 based on your booking dates and whether you choose for a round trip or not. Following are the best airlines that fly to Miami and offer first class tickets.
American Airlines is one of the top airlines in the US and have multiple flights flying to Miami from all the major cities in the country. Unfortunately, it does offer first class tickets from a number of cities but when it does the prices are usually between $1000-$3000 depending on how in advance you book. A ticket from Los Angeles to Miami in economy class the tickets can be as low as $200 going upto $600 for last minute bookings.
Virgin American is now merged with AlaskaAir. Before the merger, the company had a strong hold on domestic flights and it continues to enjoy the same reputation even now. Last minute booking on AlaskaAir costs a bomb, so the best thing to do to get some cheap business class flights to Miami is too book well in advance. Last minute bookings with this airline will cost $2000 and upwards while an advance booking might bring it down by hundreds of dollars.
Delta Airlines is one of America’s biggest and much loved airline company. this airline provides excellent connectivity all through the country and has multiple flights between all the top cities and Miami all round the year. Delta also offers some really good discounts during the holiday season and is famous for its discount offers on bulk bookings. A first class ticket to Miami from Los Angeles can be booked at $1200, even at the last minute. Delta also offers a special seat called Comfort + which falls between the economy class and first class and comes at a reasonable price of $450.